Assistant Professor in Natural Resource Economics
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
344 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
- Forest Policy Analysis and Economics
- Natural Resource Economics and Policy
- Forest Resource Economics and Management
- Uncertainty and Risk
I am a natural resource economist with a specialization in forest resource economics. My main research interests include forest management under uncertainty and risk, forest optimization models, applied econometrics, climate change and forest-ecosystem services, and natural resource policy.
Graduate Major Advisor
- Amirteimoori, A., Banker, R., Zadmirzaei, M., Susaeta, A Managerial ability and productivity growth in the European forest sector. European Journal of Forest Management 142, 1–15.
- Susaeta, A. Optimal Forest management of eve-aged longleaf pine stands with nontimber benefits. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics 55, 1–2.
- Susaeta, A., Carney, T., 2023. Optimal regimes of prescribed burning in forest plantations in the presence of risk of wildfires in the southeastern United States. Forest Policy and Economics 151, 102956.
- Carney, T., Williams, R., Kapellusch, Crandall, R., Susaeta, A., Adams, D. Fanning the flames of cooperation: a collective action approach to prescribed fire agreements. Environmental Challenges 10, 100676.
- Susaeta, A., Sharma, A., Klizentyte, K., Adams, D. 2023. Economic analysis of uneven-aged forest management in the southeastern United States. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 53, 38– 47.
- Susaeta, A., Fill, J., Crandall, R., Morgan, V. 2022. Hidden costs of fire exclusion in longleaf pine forests linked to duff and carbon management. Journal of Forestry 120(5), 504¬–512.
- Susaeta, A., Klyzentyte, K., Sharma, A., Adams, D. 2021. Can uneven-aged management improve the economic performance of longleaf pine? Canadian Journal of Forest Research 51(9). 1307–1315.
- Susaeta, A., Alavalapati, J. 2021. Forest ownership, management, and water production in longleaf pine forests: A stochastic frontier analysis. Forest Science 67(2), 145–155.
- Susaeta, A., Rossato, F. 2021. Efficiency of pulp and paper industry in the production of pulp and bioelectricity in Brazil. Forest Policy and Economics 128, 102484.
Complete Publications List:For a complete list of publications, visit Google Scholar