Stewart Professor of Forest Operations
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
238 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
PhD, 2003, Forest Engineering, Oregon State University
MS, 1995, Forestry, Seoul National University, Korea
BS, 1993, Forestry, Seoul National University, Korea
- Forest Operations Planning and Management
- Forest Management
- Forest Planning
Forest operations planning and management, forest biomass, forest management planning, wildland fire management
Graduate Major Advisor
- Wells, L.A. and W. Chung. 2023. A deformable shape model for automatic and real-time dendrometry. Forests 2023, 14, 2299.
- Kim, J.H. and W. Chung. 2023. Forestry professionals’ perspectives on exoskeletons (wearable assistive technology) to improve worker safety and health. International Journal of Forest Engineering.
- Wells, L.A. and W. Chung. 2023. Vision-Aided Localization and Mapping in Forested Environments Using Stereo Images. Sensors 2023, 23, 7043.
- Pokharel, M., F. Belart, W. Chung, B. Morrissette. 2023. Assessment of Timber Faller Working Conditions in Mixed Hand and Tethered-machine Cut Harvest Units on Steep Slopes- A Case Study in Western Oregon, International Journal of Forest Engineering.
- Wells, L.A. and W. Chung. 2023. Real-Time Computer Vision for Tree Stem Detection and Tracking. Forests 2023, 14(2), 267.
- Belavenutti, P., A. Ager, M. Day, W. Chung. 2022. Multi-Objective Scheduling of Fuel Treatments to Implement a Linear Fuel Break Network. Fire 2023, 6, 1.
- Aparício, B.A., F. Alcasena, A. Ager, W. Chung, J.M.C. Pereira, A.C.L. Sá. 2022. Evaluating priority locations and potential benefits for building a nation-wide fuel break network in Portugal. Journal of Environmental Management 320, 115920.
- Belavenutti, P., A. Ager, M. Day, W. Chung. 2022. Designing forest restoration projects to optimize the application of broadcast burning. Ecological Economics 201, 107558.
- Chung, W., B. Morrissette, P. Green, B. Garrelts, B. Leshchinsky, F. Belart, J. Sessions, J. Wimer, J. Garland. 2022. Effects of pre-bunching trees with a tethered feller-buncher on cable logging productivity and costs: A case study in Southern Oregon. Forest Science 68(3): 325-333.