Stewart Professor of Forest Operations
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
238 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
PhD, 2003, Forest Engineering, Oregon State University
MS, 1995, Forestry, Seoul National University, Korea
BS, 1993, Forestry, Seoul National University, Korea
- Forest Operations Planning and Management
- Forest Management
- Forest Planning
Forest operations planning and management, forest biomass, forest management planning, wildland fire management
Graduate Major Advisor
- Chung, W., J. Sessions, K. Lyons, and K. Wigginton (Eds). 2021. Proceedings of the Joint 43rd Annual Meeting of Council on Forest Engineering and the 53rd International Symposium on Forest Mechanization. September 27-30, Corvallis, OR. Published by Department of Forest Engineering, Resources and Management, Oregon State University, 320 p.
- Swezy C., J. Bailey and W. Chung. 2021. Linking Federal Forest Restoration with Wood Utilization: Modeling Biomass Prices and Analyzing Forest Restoration Costs in the Northern Sierra Nevada. Energies 2021, 14, 2696.
- Belavenutti, P., W. Chung, A. Ager. 2021. The Economic Reality of the Forest and Fuel Management Deficit on a Fire Prone Western US National Forest. Journal of Environmental Management 293 (2021) 112825.
- Holzfeind, T., R. Visser, W. Chung, F. Holzleitner, G. Erber. 2020. Development and benefits of winch-assist harvesting. Current Forestry Reports 6(3): 201-209.
- Bellavenutte, P., W. Chung and L. Diaz-Balteiro. 2020. Partitioning and Solving Large-scale Tactical Harvest Scheduling Problems for Industrial Plantation Forests. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 50(8): 811-818.
- Wells, L. and W. Chung. 2020. Evaluation of Ground Plane Detection for Estimating Breast Height in Stereo Images. Forest Science 66(5): 612-622.
- She, J. W. Chung and H. Vergara. 2020. Multi-objective Record-to-Record Travel metaheuristic method for solving forest supply chain management problems with economic and environmental objectives. Natural Resource Modeling. Advance online publication. Doi: 10.1111/nrm.12256.
- Green, P., W. Chung, B. Leshchinsky, F. Belart, J. Sessions, S. Fitzgerald, J. Wimer, T. Cushing, and J. Garland. 2020. Insight into the Productivity, Cost and Soil Impacts of Cable-assisted Harvester-forwarder Thinning in Western Oregon. Forest Science 66(1): 82-96.
- Chung, W., K. Lyons and L. Wells. 2019. Chapter 18. Innovations in Forest Harvesting Technology. In Achieving Sustainable Forestry Volume 1: Boreal and Temperate Forests, John Stanturf (Ed.), Cambridge, Burleigh Dodds Science Publishing.