Stewart Professor of Forest Operations
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
238 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
PhD, 2003, Forest Engineering, Oregon State University
MS, 1995, Forestry, Seoul National University, Korea
BS, 1993, Forestry, Seoul National University, Korea
- Forest Operations Planning and Management
- Forest Management
- Forest Planning
Forest operations planning and management, forest biomass, forest management planning, wildland fire management
Graduate Major Advisor
- Rhee, H., J. Fridley, W. Chung, and D. Page-Dumroese. 2019. An Approach for Modeling and Quantifying Traffic-Induced Changes and Processes in Forest Road Aggregate Particle-Size Distributions. Forests 2019, 10, 769.
- She, J., W. Chung and H. Han. 2019. Economic and Environmental Optimization of the Forest Supply Chain for Timber and Bioenergy Production from Beetle-Killed Forests in Northern Colorado. Forests 2019, 10, 689.
- Green, P., W. Chung, B. Leshchinsky, J. Sessions, S. Fitzgerald, J. Wimer, T. Cushing, and J. Garland. 2019. Insight into the Productivity, Cost and Soil Impacts of Cable-assisted Harvester-forwarder Thinning in Western Oregon. Accepted. Forest Science.
- Garland, J., F. Belart, R. Crawford, W. Chung, T. Cushing, S. Fitzgerald, P. Green, L. Kincl, B. Leshchinsky, B. Morrissette, J. Sessions and J. Wimer. 2019. Safety in steep slope logging operations. Journal of Agromedicine 24(2):138-145, doi: 10.1080/1059924X.2019.1581115.
- Belart, F., B. Leshchinsky, J. Sessions, W. Chung, P. Green, J. Wimer, and B. Morrissette. 2019. Sliding stability of cable-assisted tracked equipment on steep slopes. Forest Science 65 (3): 304-311.
- She, J., W. Chung, and D. Kim. 2018. Discrete-Event Simulation of Ground-Based Timber Harvesting Operations. Forests 2018, 9, 683.
- Han, H., W. Chung, J. She, N. Anderson, and L. Wells. 2018. Productivity and Costs of Two Beetle-kill Salvage Harvesting Methods in Northern Colorado. Forests 2018, 9, 572.
- Marchi, E., W. Chung, R. Visser, D. Abbas, T. Nordfjell, P.S. Mederski, A. McEwan, M. Brink, and A. Laschi. 2018. Sustainable Forest Operations (SFO): A new paradigm in a changing world and climate. Science of the Total Environment 634: 1385-1397.
- Hogland, H., N. Anderson, and W. Chung. 2018. New Geospatial Approaches for Efficiently Mapping Forest Biomass Logistics at High Resolution over Large Areas. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 7(4): 156.
- Han, H., W. Chung, L. Wells, and N. Anderson. 2018. Optimizing Biomass Feedstock Logistics for Forest Residue Processing and Transportation on a Tree-shaped Road Network. Forests 2018, 9, 121.