Senior Instructor II, Manager of Student Logging Program
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
250 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
BS, 1983, Oregon State University
- Engineering for Sustainable Forestry
- Forest Operations Planning and Management
Logging unit layout and design, harvesting systems/payload analysis, logging safety, forest truck transportation.
Jeffery is the Richard Strachan Faculty Scholar of Logging Technology. Professional Affiliations: Oregon Logging Conference – President 2017; Pacific Logging Congress – President 2018; Western Region Council on Forest Engineering - Chairman; OR-OSHA Safety Code Committee – member; College of Forestry Safety Committee
- FE 472Mechanized Harvesting and Simulations
- Belart, F., Leshchinsky, B., Sessions, J., Chung, W., Preston, G., Jeff, W., Brett, M. (2019). Sliding Stability of Cable-Assisted Tracked Equipment on Steep Slopes. Forest Science: In Press, https://doi/org/10.1093/forsci/fxy064.
- Garland, J., Belart, F., Crawford, R., Chung, W., Cushing, T., Kincl, L., Leshchinsky, B. A., Sessions, J., Wimer, J. A. (2017). Operators in Steep Slope Logging and Safety Measurement. Brasov: Proceedings of FORMEC 2017.
- Green, P., Chung, W., Crawford, R., Garland, J., Leshchinsky, B. A., Sessions, J., Wimer, J. A. (2017). Productivity and cost of cable-assisted felling and extraction in the Pacific Northwest, USA. Freiburg: Book of Abstracts of the IUFRO 125th Anniversary Congress.
- Green, P., Chung, W., Leshchinsky, B. A., Sessions, J., Fitzgerald, S. A., Wimer, J. A. (2017). Soil Disturbance of a Cable-assisted CTL Harvester-Forwarder Thinning in Northwest US. Brasov: Proceedings of FORMEC 2017.
- Sessions, J., Leshchinsky, B. A., Chung, W., Boston, K. D., Wimer, J. A. (2017). Theoretical Stability and Traction of Steep Slope Tethered Feller-Bunchers. Forest Science, 63(2), 192-200.
- Wimer, J. A. (2017). Why is Logging the Most Dangerous Job in America?. The Penny Hoarder. https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-money/logging-jobs/
- Leshchinsky, B. A., Sessions, J., Clauson, M. L., Wimer, J. A. (2016). Designing Mobile Anchors to Yield: A Tension Relief System for Tail Anchoring. Croation Journal of Forest Engineering, 37(2), 269-278