Wood Science & Engineering
348 Richardson Hall
Ph.D., 1997 University of Melbourne, Australia
B.S., 1993, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Wood Identification and Characterization
- Resource Extension and Optimization
- Wood Anatomy
Nondestructive testing of wood, NIR spectroscopy, Wood property responses to silvicultural treatments
Graduate Major Advisor
- WSE 210RENEWABLE MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY AND UTILIZATIONCharacteristics and uses of renewable fiber products including wood, bamboo and grasses; manufacturing processes; effect of tree growth and harvesting on renewable products manufacturing and properties. Wood identification.
- WSE 320ANATOMY OF RENEWABLE MATERIALSExamination of macroscopic and microscopic anatomy of renewable (plant based) materials commonly used by society. Learning activities including lecture and the hands-on study of the various plant materials and their components with naked-eye, hand lens, and microscopic examination.
- WSE 521WOOD SCIENCE IA comprehensive overview and integration of wood anatomy, wood physics, wood chemistry and wood mechanics; global contemporary issues impacting the wood and fiber sector; integration of basic wood sciences to understand the complex relationships between environment and wood material properties, and the influence of both on the use of wood-based materials.