Assistant Professor (Courtesy), USGS FRESC
Forest Ecosystems & Society
B.S., 1990, University of Pennsylvania
M.S., 1994, University of Washington
Ph.D., 2000, Cornell University
- Science of Conservation, Restoration and Sustainable Management
- Forest, Wildlife and Landscape Ecology
- Ecosystem Ecology
Terrestrial Ecosystem Ecology and Biogeochemistry, Nutrient Cycling, Watershed Studies, Riparian Biogeochemistry, Stable Isotopes
Graduate Major Advisor
- Perakis, S.S., D.A. Maguire, T.D. Bullen, K. Cromack, R.H. Waring, J.R. Boyle. 2006. Coupled nitrogen and calcium cycles in forests of the Oregon Coast Range. Ecosystems.
- Perakis, S.S., J.E. Compton, L.O. Hedin. 2005. Nitrogen retention across a gradient of 15N additions to an unpolluted temperate forest soil in Chile. Ecology 86:96-105.
- Rastetter, E.B., S.S. Perakis, G.R. Shaver, G.I. Agren. 2005. Terrestrial carbon sequestration at elevated CO2 and temperature: The role of dissolved organic nitrogen loss. Ecological Applications 15:71-86.
- Perakis, S.S. and L.O. Hedin. 2002. Nitrogen loss from unpolluted South American forests mainly via dissolved organic compounds. Nature 415:416-419.