Wood Science & Engineering
106 Richardson Hall
Ph.D. in Forestry and Wood Technology, Agricultural University of Poznan
M.S. in Wood Technology, Agricultural University of Poznan
- Novel Composite Materials
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Adhesive Bond Micromechanics
- Innovative Measurement Methods
- Mass Timber Elements
- Solid Wood Mechanical Performance
- Wood-based Composites
Graduate Major Advisor
- WSE 322PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF RENEWABLE MATERIALSIntroduction to thermodynamics and mechanics of plant fibers, solid wood and bio-based composites: hygroscopicity; heat and mass transport; statics, elasticity and strength of materials; mechanical properties.
- WSE 324RENEWABLE MATERIALS LABORATORYIntegrates the knowledge gained in the core science courses (WSE 321 and WSE 322) to help students obtain a deeper understanding of how chemistry, physics, and anatomy affect renewable material properties. The course uses renewable fiber materials such as hardwoods, softwoods, natural fibers, bamboo, composite wood products (e.g. OSB, plywood, MDF, etc.) and fiber-based products (e.g. wood-plastic composites, natural fiber composites, straw panels, paper, etc.) to examine the intricate relationships between fundamental properties and performance.