Emeritus Professor of Forest Biometrics and Silviculture
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
356 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
PhD, 1986, Forest Biometrics, Oregon State University
MS, 1986, Applied Statistics, Oregon State University
MS, 1979, Botany, Rutgers University
BS, 1976, Forest Management, University of Maine
- Silviculture, Fire, Forest Health and Biodiversity
- Forest Biometrics and Geomatics
Former Director, Center for Intensive Planted-Forest Silviculture (CIPS) Current programs include: Mechanisms of response to fertilization in Douglas-fir plantations; foliage age class dynamics in Douglas-fir; silvicultural control of crown development and wood quality; Swiss needle cast growth impact; stand dynamics after variable-retention silvicultural treatments; growth and yield of mixed conifer forests of eastern Oregon; natural regeneration in ponderosa pine forests.
- FOR 322Forest Models
- FOR 549Silvicultural Influences on Forest Ecosystem Dynamics
- Gilson, L.W., Maguire, D.A. 2021. Drivers of productivity differences between Douglas-fir planted within its native range in Oregon and on exotic sites in New Zealand. Forest Ecology and Management 498: 119525.
- Putney, J.D., Maguire, D.A. 2021. Response of Douglas-fir stem profile to operational nitrogen fertilization in western Oregon. Forest Ecology and Management 496: 119411.
- Maguire, D.A., Mainwaring, D.B. 2021. Effects of initial spacing and species mix on stand developmental patterns in two field trials in central Oregon. Forest Ecology and Management 491: 119153.
- Putney, J.D., Maguire, D.A. 2020. Shifts in foliage biomass and its vertical distribution in response to operational nitrogen fertilization of Douglas-Fir in Western Oregon. Forests 11: 511.
- Joo, S., Maguire, D.A., Mainwaring, D.B., Jayawickrama, K.J., Ye, T.Z., St. Clair, B. 2020. Estimation of yield gains at rotation-age from genetic tree improvement in coast Douglas-fir. Forest Ecology and Management 466: 117930.