Forest Ecosystems & Society
B.S., 1970, Forestry, University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point
M.S., 1973, World Forestry, State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse
Ph.D., 1981, Forestry/Soil Science Co-Majors, North Carolina State University, Raleigh
- Forest Health
- International Forestry
- Natural Resources
- Soil Science
- Tropical Forestry
Ecampus course developer/instructor in sustainable natural resources/nontimber forest products (SNR 533, 2007 - 2016) and soil/society interactions (Primary Co-developer/Co-Instructor, SOIL 511 since 2016); global sustainable resource management; interdisciplinary methods that integrate biological, sociocultural, and managerial sciences; management and soil site relations of fast-growing exotics and native forest species in tropical areas; and creating poster displays for scientific and other audiences: https://www.ncsu.edu/project/posters/
- SOIL 511Soil: A Natural and Societal ResourceOSU Ecampus
- Kerns, B.K., Liegel, L., Pilz, D., Alexander, S.J. 2002. Biological inventory and monitoring. Pgs. 237-269. In: Nontimber Forest Products in the United States. Eric T. Jones, Rebecca J. McLain, James Weigand (Eds.). University Press of Kansas, Lawrence. 424 p.
- Liegel, L.H. 1999. Deforestation. Pgs. 113-115. In: Alexander, D.E. and R.W. Fairgbridge (Eds.). Encyclopedia of Environmental Science. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht. 741 p.
- Liegel, L.H., D. Pilz, T. Love, and E. Jones. 1998. Integrating biological, socioeconomic and managerial methods and results in the MAB Mushroom Study. AMBIO Special Report No. 9:26-33.
- Bailey, J.D. and L.H. Liegel. 1998. Pacific yew (Taxus brevifolia Nutt.) growth and site factors in Western Oregon. Northwest Science 72(4):283-292.
- Liegel, L.H., R. Busing and J. Rios. 1996. Forest health detection monitoring results, 1992-95. Pgs. 37-46 and Appendix B In: California forest health in 1994 and 1995. U.S. Dept. Agric. For. Serv. Report R5-FPM-PR-002. San Francisco: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Region. 63 p.
- Liegel, L.H. and D. Thompson. 1989. Poster presentations for scientific meetings. J. Agron. Educ. 18:69-75.
- Liegel, L.H., W.E. Balmer and G.W. Ryan. 1985. Honduras pine spacing trial results in Puerto Rico after 18 to 20 years. Southern Journal of Applied Forestry. 9(2):69-75.
- Liegel, L.H. 1984. Assessment of hurricane rain/wind damage in Pinus caribaea and Pinus oocarpa provenance trials in Puerto Rico. Commonw. For. Rev. 63:47-53.