Wood Science & Engineering
163 Richardson Hall
- Graduate writing consultant, Graduate Writing Center, OSU
- Digital communication coordinator, Society of Wood Science and Technology (SWST)
- Starker Lecture ad-hoc committee member, College of Forestry, OSU
- Diversity Equity Inclusion Committee in College of Forestry, OSU
- WSE Professional Development Committee, College of Forestry, OSU
- Undergraduate Recruitment and Marketing Committee in WSE Dep., College of Forestry, OSU
- 2019 President’s Commission on the Status of Women Scholarship, OSU
- 2019 Science Communication Fellow, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- 2019 Forestry Graduate Fellowship, College of Forestry, OSU
- 2019 Walter a Gruetter, Jr Memorial Forestry Fellowship, College of Forestry, OSU
- 2018 Outstanding Global Beavers from Global Diversity Initiatives, OSU
- 2018 and 2019 Graduate Travel Award from Graduate School, OSU
- 2018 Experiential Learning Fund from College of Forestry, OSU
- 2018 Alfred W Moltke Memorial Scholarship, College of Forestry, OSU
- 2018 Dr Sanga Sabhasri Graduate Fellowship, College of Forestry, OSU
- 2017, 2018, and 2019 Dean's Investment Fund Awards for International Engagement from College of Forestry, OSU
- 2017 Mary McDonald Fellowship, College of Forestry, OSU
- 2017 Schweighofer Prize/Canfor Scholarship from Schweighofer (Austria) and Canfor (Canada)
M.S. Forestry Science, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
B.S. Forest Management, Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia
Research interests: 1. Gender diversity in the forest sector 2. Public perception of forest products 3. Global Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) industry 4. Forest products marketing and innovation 5. Forest sector in higher education
- WSE 455/555Industrial Marketing in the Forest SectorMarketing relies heavily on effective communication, so this course concentrates on written and oral communication. The course will arm students with the skills necessary to apply basic concepts of marketing of forest products. Application will be highlighted through examples and industry speakers relating course work to the day-to-day work in business.
- Larasatie, P., T. Barnett, and E. Hansen. 2020. Leading with the heart and/or the head? Experiences of women student leaders in top world forestry universities. Manuscript submitted.
- Muszyński, L., P. Larasatie, J. Guerrero, and R.R. Albee. 2020. Second survey of the global CLT industry. Paper will be presented at the 2020 World Conference on Timber Engineering, Santiago, Chile.
- Larasatie, P. and S. Setiowati. 2019. From Fingerprint to Footprint: Using Point of Interest (POI) recommendation system in marketing applications. The Asian Journal of Technology Management 12(2): 118-131. https://doi.org/10.12695/ajtm.2019.12.2.4
- Larasatie, P., G. Baublyte, K. Conroy, E. Hansen, and A. Toppinen. 2019. “From nude calendars to tractor calendars”: The perspectives of female executives on gender aspects in the North American and Nordic forest industries. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 48(8): 915-924. https://doi.org/10.1139/cjfr-2018-0402 (selected as the Editors’ Choice based on its quality and on the interest of readers since its publication)
- Larasatie, P., J. Guerrero, K. Conroy, T. Hall, E. Hansen, and M. Needham. 2018. What does the public believe about Tall Wood Buildings? An exploratory study in the US Pacific Northwest. Journal of Forestry 116(5), 429-436. https://doi.org/10.1093/jofore/fvy025
- Larasatie, P. 2018. Indonesian furniture producers: Change makers or change takers? BioProducts Business 3(4), 39-50. https://doi.org/10.22382/bpb-2018-004
- Larasatie, P., J. Guerrero, T. Hall, and E. Hansen. 2018. What does the US Pacific Northwest public believe about Tall Wood Buildings? Paper presented at the 2018 World Conference on Timber Engineering, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Albee, R. R., L. Muszyński, E. Hansen, C. Knowles, P. Larasatie, and J. Guerrero. 2018. Recent developments in global Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) Market. Paper presented at the 2018 World Conference on Timber Engineering, Seoul, Republic of Korea.