Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
344 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
Ph.D., Virginia Tech, 2013
M.A., Virginia Tech, 2010
B.S., University of Helsinki, 2008
- Forest Policy Analysis and Economics
- Environmental Economics
- Forest Economics
- Natural Resources
Forest economics, environmental and natural resource economics, policy design, sustainable development
Graduate Major Advisor
- FOR330Forest Resource Economics
- FOR431/531Economics and Policy of Forest Wildland FireOffered on-campus and Ecampus.
- FOR534Economics of the Forest Resource
- FOR505Economics and Policy of Forest Carbon Offsets
- FOR605Advanced Readings in Forest and Development Economics
- Rossi, D, Zhai, J., and O.-P. Kuusela. “Measuring the Value of Softwood Log Exports: Evidence from Oregon.” Accepted. To appear in Journal of Forestry.
- Kuusela, O.-P. and J. Lintunen. 2020. "Modeling Market-Level Effects of Disturbance Risks in Age Structured Forests." Forest Policy and Economics 118.
- Zhai, J. and O.-P. Kuusela. 2020. “Estimating price dynamics in the aftermath of forest disturbances: The Biscuit Fire in southwest Oregon.” Forest Science 66: 556-567.
- Rossi, D. and O.-P. Kuusela. 2020. "The influence of risk attitudes on suppression spending and on wildland fire program budgeting." Forest Policy and Economics 113.
- Kuusela, O.-P. and T. Laiho. 2020. "The role of research in common pool problems." Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 100.
- Kuusela, O.-P. and J. Lintunen. 2020. “A cap-and-trade commitment policy with allowance banking.” Environmental and Resource Economics 75:421–455.
- Kuusela, O.-P. and J. Lintunen. 2019. “Financial valuation and the optimal rotation of a fully regulated forest.” Canadian Journal of Forest Research 49(7):819–825.
- Lintunen, J., and O.-P. Kuusela. 2018. "Business cycles and emission trading with banking." European Economic Review 101:397–417.