Forest Ecosystems & Society
- Social Science, Policy and Natural Resources
- Integrated Social and Ecological Systems
- Environmental Economics
- Forest Economics
- Forest Management
- Human Dimensions
- International Forestry
- Rural Development
- Social Science
Suhyun Jung is an applied microeconomist with research interests in conservation and development issues. His research addresses sustainability challenges such as sustainable forestry management and agricultural production that mitigates poverty and promotes environmental conservation, effective environmental governance, and sustainable management of ecosystem services. His research has been published in top field journals such as the Journal of Environmental Economics and Management and Journal of Association of Environmental and Resource Economists among others. Before joining OSU, he worked as an assistant professor at West Virginia University and Research Fellow at the University of Michigan after receiving his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota.
Graduate Major Advisor
- Hall, C.M., Rasmussen, L.V., Powell, B., Dyngeland, C., Jung, S., Olesen, R.S. 2022. “Deforestation Reduces Fruit and Vegetable Consumption in Rural Tanzania” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 119 (10) e2112063119.
- Liu, W., Gerber, E., Jung, S., Agrawal, A. 2022. “The Role of Human and Social Capital in Earthquake Recovery in Nepal” Nature Sustainability 5(2): 167-173.
- Jung, S., Dyngeland, C., Rausch, L., Rasmussen, L.V. 2021. “Brazilian Land Registry Impacts on Land Use Conversion” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 104(1): 340-363.
- Jung, S., Liao, C., Agrawal, A., Brown, D.G. 2019. “Evidence on Wealth-Improving Effects of Forest Concessions in Liberia” Journal of Association of Environmental and Resource Economists 6(5): 961-1000.
- Jung, S., Polasky, S. 2018. “Partnerships to Prevent Deforestation in the Amazon” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 92: 498-516.