Research Associate (Post-doc)
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
126A Snell Hall
- Fire Ecology
Dendroecology, restoration forestry, environmental law and policy, and collaborative governance
- Johnston, J. D., C. J. Dunn, M. J. Vernon. 2019. Tree traits influence response to fire severity in the western Oregon Cascades. Forest Ecology and Management 433:690-698.
- Johnston, J. D., C. J. Dunn, M. J. Vernon, J. D. Bailey, B. A. Morrissette, and K. E. Morici. 2018. Restoring historical forest conditions in a diverse inland Pacific Northwest landscape. Ecosphere, 9(8), e02400.
- Johnston, J. D., Bailey, J. D., Dunn, C. J., & Lindsay, A. A. (2017). Historical fire-climate relationships in contrasting interior Pacific Northwest forest types. Fire Ecology, 13(2), 18-36.
- Johnston, J. D. (2017). Forest succession along a productivity gradient following fire exclusion. Forest Ecology and Management, 392, 45-57.
- Johnston, J. D., Bailey, J. D., & Dunn, C. J. (2016). Influence of fire disturbance and biophysical heterogeneity on pre‐settlement ponderosa pine and mixed conifer forests. Ecosphere, 7(11).