Forest Ecosystems & Society
343 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
- Disturbance Ecology
- Forest Management
- Forest Policy, Public
- Restoration Ecology
Dendroecology, restoration forestry, environmental law and policy, and collaborative governance
- Johnston, J.D., C.J. Dunn, M.J. Vernon. 2019. Tree traits influence response to fire severity in the western Oregon Cascades. Forest Ecology and Management 433:690-698.
- Johnston, J.D., C.J. Dunn, M.J. Vernon, J.D. Bailey, B.A. Morrisette, and K. Morici. 2018. Restoring historical forest conditions in a diverse inland Pacific Northwest landscape. Ecosphere 9(8).
- Johnston, J.D., J.D. Bailey, C.J. Dunn, and A.A. Lindsay. 2017. Historical fire-climate relationships in contrasting interior Pacific Northwest forest types. Fire Ecology 13(2).
- Johnston, J.D. 2017. Forest succession along a productivity gradient following fire exclusion. Forest Ecology and Management 392:45-57.
- Johnston, J.D., J.D. Bailey, and C.J. Dunn. 2016. Influence of fire disturbance and biophysical heterogeneity on pre-settlement ponderosa pine and mixed conifer forests. Ecosphere 7(11).