Forest Ecosystems & Society
343 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
- Disturbance Ecology
- Forest Management
- Forest Policy, Public
- Restoration Ecology
Dendroecology, restoration forestry, environmental law and policy, and collaborative governance
- Johnston, J.D., J.A. Kilbride, G.W. Meigs, R.E. Kennedy, and C.J. Dunn. 2021. Does conserving roadless wildland increase wildfire activity in western U.S. national forests?. Environmental Research Letters https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/ac13ee.
- Johnston, J.D., S.M. Greenler, M.J. Reilly, M.R. Webb, A.G. Merschel, K.N. Johnson, and J.F. Franklin. 2021. Conservation of dry forest old growth in eastern Oregon. Journal of Forestry 1:13.
- Johnston, J.D., R.K. Hagmann, A.G. Merschel, S.T. Seager, J.F. Franklin, and K.N. Johnston. 2021. General Commentary: Large Trees Dominate Carbon Storage in Forests East of the Cascade Crest in the United States Paciﬁc Northwest. Frontiers in Forests and Global Change 4:653774
- Johnston, J.D., S.M. Greenler, B.A. Miller, M.J. Reilly, A.A. Lindsay, and C.J. Dunn. 2021. Diameter limits impede restoration of historical conditions in dry mixed-conifer forests of eastern Oregon, USA. Ecosphere 12(2):e03394.10.1002/ecs2.3394
- Johnston, J.D., C.J. Dunn, and M.J. Vernon. 2019. Tree traits influence response to fire severity in the western Oregon Cascades. Forest Ecology and Management 433:690-698.
- Johnston, J.D., C.J. Dunn, M.J. Vernon, J.D. Bailey, B.A. Morrisette, and K. Morici. 2018. Restoring historical forest conditions in a diverse inland Pacific Northwest landscape. Ecosphere 9(8).
- Johnston, J.D., J.D. Bailey, C.J. Dunn, and A.A. Lindsay. 2017. Historical fire-climate relationships in contrasting interior Pacific Northwest forest types. Fire Ecology 13(2).
- Johnston, J.D. 2017. Forest succession along a productivity gradient following fire exclusion. Forest Ecology and Management 392:45-57.
- Johnston, J.D., J.D. Bailey, and C.J. Dunn. 2016. Influence of fire disturbance and biophysical heterogeneity on pre-settlement ponderosa pine and mixed conifer forests. Ecosphere 7(11).