Johnson, K. N.
Johnson, K. N.
Forest Ecosystems & Society
B.S., 1965, University of California, Berkeley
M.S., 1969, University of Wisconsin, Madison
Ph.D., 1973, Oregon State University
- Integrated Social and Ecological Systems
- Social Science, Policy and Natural Resources
- Forest Planning
- Forest Policy, Public
forest planning, harvest scheduling, public land forest policy
- FOR 265Issues in Natural Resource Conservation
- FOR 561Forest Policy Analysis
- FOR 459Forest Resource Planning and Decision Making
- Johnson, N.K., and J.F. Franklin. April, 2013. Recommendations for Future Implementation of Ecological Forestry Projects on BLM Western Oregon Forests. BLM Report. PDF
- Franklin, J.F. and N.K. Johnson. 2012. A Restoration Framework for Federal Forests in the Pacific Northwest. Journal of Forestry 110(8):429–439. PDF
- Johnson, N.K., and J.F. Franklin. August, 2009. Restoration of Federal Forests in the Pacific Northwest: Strategies and Management Implications. Report for Senator Wyden. Full PDF | Executive Summary
- Adams, W. T., S. Hobbs, N. Johnson. March, 2005. Intensively managed forest plantations in the Pacific Northwest: introduction. Journal of Forestry 103: 59-60.
- Adams, W. T., S. Hobbs, and N. Johnson. March 2005. Intensively managed forest plantations in the Pacific Northwest: conclusions. Journal of Forestry 103: 99- 100.
- Thompson, J. R., M. A. Anderson, and K. N. Johnson. 2004. Ecosystem management across ownerships: The potential for collision with Antitrust Laws. Conservation Biology. 18:1475-1481.
- Bettinger, P., M. Lennette, K. N. Johnson, and T. Spies. 2004. A hierarchical spatial framework for forest landscape planning. Ecological Modeling 182: 25-48.
- Franklin, J. and K. Norman Johnson. 2004. Forests face new threat: global market changes. Issues in Science and Technology (National Academy and University of Texas) Fall, 2004.
- Spies, T. G. Reeves, K. Burnett, W. McComb, K. N. Johnson, et al. 2002. Assessing the ecological consequences of forest polices in multi-ownership province in Oregon. In J. Liu and W. Taylor, eds. Integrating Landscape Ecology into Natural Resource Management. Cambridge Univ. Press.
- Davis, L., K. N. Johnson, P. Bettinger, and T. Howard. 2000. Forest Management (4th edition). McGraw Hill (forthcoming)