Professor of Forest Products Marketing and Department Head
Wood Science & Engineering
119D Richardson Hall
Ph.D., Forest Products Marketing, Virginia Tech University, 1994
B.S., Forest Products Business Management, University of Idaho, 1990.
- Competitive Forest Sector
- Bioeconomy Transition
- Corporate Responsibility
- Forest Products Marketing
- Organizational Innovation
Graduate Major Advisor
- WSE 455/555Industrial Marketing in the Forest SectorMarketing relies heavily on effective communication, so this course concentrates on written and oral communication. The course will arm students with the skills necessary to apply basic concepts of marketing of forest products. Application will be highlighted through examples and industry speakers relating course work to the day-to-day work in business.
- Hansen, E., A. Beckwith, C. Lancaster, and S. Leavengood. 2022. Factory Grown Wood, The Future of Forestry? Wood & Fiber Science. (In Press).
- Liu, P. and E. Hansen. 2022. Integrating Corporate Foresight with Open Innovation: Enhancing Competitiveness of Equipment and Technology Suppliers to the US Forest Sector. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 52:1-10.
- Weiss, G., Hansen, E., Ludvig, A., Nybakk, E., & Toppinen, A. 2021. Innovation governance in the forest sector: Reviewing concepts, trends and gaps. Forest Policy and Economics, 130, 102506.
- Hansen, E., Kangas, J., and Hujala, T. 2021. Synthesis towards Future-Fittest for mature forest sector multinationals. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 51:848-858.
- Guerrero, J. and E. Hansen. 2021. Company-level cross-sector collaborations in transition to the bioeconomy: A multi-case study. Journal of Forest Policy and Economics. 123.
Complete Publications List:For a complete list of publications, visit Publications