Professor in forest Biometrics & Measurements
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
334 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
PhD, 1999, Forest Biometrics, University of British Columbia
MS, 1992, Forest Management, Lakehead University
BS, 1986, Plant Sciences, Alemaya University of Agriculture
- Forest Biometrics and Geomatics
- Forest Measurements
Forest measurements and biometrics, modeling, and LiDAR
Current Programs: Develop imputation and sampling techniques to assess, monitor, and analyze forest resources; develop quantitative methods to characterize, quantify, and integrate tree/crown attributes and site productivity; and integrate airborne LiDAR and ground data to estimate status, change, and trends.
Graduate Major Advisor
- FOR 321Forest Mensuration
- FOR 524Forest Biometrics
- FOR 550Sustainable Forest Management
- Nietupski, T.C., R.E. Kennedy, H. Temesgen, B. K. Kerns. In press. Spatiotemporal Image Fusion in Google Earth Engine for Annual Estimates of Land Surface Phenology in a Heterogenous Landscape. Remote Sensing.
- Mauro, F., A.T. Hudak, P.A. Fekety, B. Frank, H. Temesgen, D.M. Bell, M.J. Gregory, and R. McCarley. 2020. Regional modeling of forest fuels and structural attributes using airborne laser scanning data in Oregon. Remote Sensing
- Huy, B., L.C. Nam, K.P. Poudel, and H. Temesgen. 2020. Individual tree diameter growth modeling system for Dalat pine (Pinus dalatensis Ferré) of the upland mixed tropical forests. Forest Ecology and Management. 480:118612.
- Frank, B., F. Mauro, and H. Temesgen. 2020. Model-based estimation of forest inventory attributes using lidar: a comparison of the area-based and semi-individual tree crown approaches. Remote Sensing. 2(16), 2525.
- Frank, B., F. Mauro, H. Temesgen, and K.R. Ford. 2019. Analysis of Classification Methods for Identifying Stands for Commercial Thinning Using LiDAR. Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 45(5), 673-690
- Mauro, F., M. Ritchie, B. Wing, B. Frank, V.J. Monleon, H. Temesgen, and A. Hudak. 2019. Estimation of changes of forest structural attributes at three different spatial aggregation levels in Northern California using multi-temporal LiDAR. Remote Sensing. 11 (8), 923
- Huy, B., K.P. Poudel, and H. Temesgen. 2019. Individual plant allometric equations for estimating above-ground biomass and its components for a common bamboo species (Bambusa procera A. Chev. & A. Camus) in tropical forests. Forests. 10, 316.
- Huy, B., G. T. Thanh, K.P. Poudel, B.M. Frank, and H. Temesgen. 2019. Taxon- specific modeling systems for improving reliability of tree aboveground biomass and its components estimates in tropical dry dipterocarp forests. Forest Ecology and Management. 437: 156-174.
- Mauro, F., B. Frank, V. J. Monleon, H. Temesgen, and Kevin R. Ford. 2019. Prediction of diameter distributions and tree-lists in southwestern Oregon using LiDAR and stand-level auxiliary information. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 49: 775-787.
- Poudel, K.P., Temesgen, H., P.J. Radtke, and A. Gray. 2019. Estimating Individual Tree Aboveground Biomass of Tree Species in the Western U.S.A. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 49: 701-714.
- Hoe, M., C. Dunn, and H. Temesgen. 2018. Estimating fire induced basal area mortality with multi-temporal LiDAR. International Journal of Wildland Fire. 27 (9), 581-594
Complete Publications List:For a complete list of publications, visit http://fmbl.forestry.oregonstate.edu/publications