DeLuca, Thomas H.
DeLuca, Thomas H.
Cheryl Ramberg-Ford and Allyn C. Ford Dean
Forest Ecosystems & Society
311 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
- Soil-Plant-Atmosphere Continuum
- Science of Conservation, Restoration and Sustainable Management
Thomas H. DeLuca holds a doctorate from Iowa State University, a master’s degree from Montana State University and a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, all in soil science, and lived in both Sweden and the United Kingdom during his research career. Prior to joining OSU, he was dean of the University of Montana College of Forestry and Conservation for over three years and spent five years as director and professor at the University of Washington’s School of Environmental and Forest Sciences. Before that he held faculty and research positions at Bangor University in North Wales; at the Wilderness Society; at SLU in Sweden; at the University of Montana; and at Slippery Rock University.
Graduate Major Advisor
- Bidwell, A.L. P.C. Tobin, T.H. DeLuca. 2023. Nitrogen-fixation in Acer macrophyllum canopy bryophytes in the Pacific Northwest, USA. Plant Soil (2023).
- Zhang, J., T.H. DeLuca, Z. Chenpeng, A. Li, G. Wang, S. Sun. 2023. Comparison of the seasonal and successional variation of asymbiotic and symbiotic nitrogen fixation along a glacial retreat chronosequence. Science of the Total Environment 896:165163.
- Li, A., G. Wang, T.H. DeLuca, S. Sun, W. Zhang, P. Chen, A. Wu, X. Sun, H. Sun, Z. Hu. 2023. Soil nitrogen transformations differ under sedge and bryophyte communities in a subalpine forest on the eastern Tibetan Plateau. Geoderma 430:116309
- Arróniz-Crespo, M. J. Bougoure, D.V. Murphy, N.A. Cutler, V. Souza-Egipsy, D.L. Chaput, D.L. Jones, N. Ostle, S.C. Wade, P.L. Clode, and T.H. DeLuca. 2022. Revealing the transfer pathways of cyanobacterial-fixed N into the boreal forest through the feather-moss microbiome. Frontiers in Plant Science 13
- Gao, S. and T.H. DeLuca. 2022. Rangeland application of biochar and rotational grazing interact to influence soil and plant nutrient dynamics. Geoderma 408:115572
- DeLuca, T.H. O. Zackrisson, M-C. Nilsson, S. Sun, M. Arróniz-Crespo. 2022. Long-term fate of nitrogen fixation in Pleurozium schreberi brid (mit.) moss carpets in boreal forests. Applied Soil Ecology 169: 104215
- Tang, R., T.H. DeLuca, Y. Cai, S. Sun, J. Luo. 2021. Long term decomposition dynamics of broadleaf litters across a climatic gradient on the Qinghai Tibetan Plateau, China. Plant Soil 465:403–414.
- Pulido-Chavez, F. E.C. Alvarado T.H. DeLuca, R.L. Edmonds and S.I. Glassman. 2021. High-severity wildfire reduces richness and alters composition of ectomycorrhizal fungi in low-severity adapted ponderosa pine forests. Forest Ecology and Management 485: 118923
- DeLuca T.H., M.J. Gundale, R.J. Brimmer, S. Gao. 2020. Pyrogenic carbon generation from fire and forest restoration treatments. Frontiers in Forests and Global Change 3: DOI=10.3389/ffgc.2020.00024
- Gao. S. and T.H. DeLuca. 2020. Biochar alters nitrogen and phosphorus dynamics in a western rangeland ecosystem. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 148: 107868.
- Hill, P.W. R. Broughton, J. Bougoure, W. Havelange, K.K. Newsham, H. Grant, D. Murphy, P. Clode, C. Brown, S. Ramayah, K.A. Marsden, R. Quilliam, P. Roberts, D.J. Read, T.H. DeLuca, R.D. Bardgett, D.W. Hopkins, D.L. Jones. 2019. Fungal root endophytes facilitate the acquisition of organic nitrogen from ancient soil organic matter by Antarctic angiosperms. Ecology Letters 39:2111-2119.
Complete Publications List:For a complete list of publications, visit Google Scholar