Forest Ecosystems & Society
B.A., 1996 (biology), Bates College, Lewiston, ME
M.S., 2005 (botany and plant pathology), Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Data Management
- Disturbance Ecology
- Ecological Modeling
- Fire Ecology
- Forest Ecology
- Forest Management
- Geographic Information Science
- Ager, A. A., A. M. G. Barros, M. A. Day, H. K. Preisler, T. Spies, and J. Bolte. 2018. Analyzing fine-scale spatiotemporal drivers of wildfire in a forest landscape model. Ecological Modelling 384:87-102.
- Ager, A. A., P. Palaiologou, C. R. Evers, M. A. Day, and A. M. G. Barros. 2018. Assessing transboundary wildfire exposure in the southwestern United States. Risk Analysis. doi: 10.1111/risa.12999
- Alcasena, F. J., A. A. Ager, M. Salis, M. A. Day, and C. Vega-Garcia. 2018. Optimizing prescribed fire allocation for managing wildfire risk in central Catalonia. Science of the Total Environment 621:872-885.
- Barros, A., A. A. Ager, M. A. Day, M. Krawchuk, and T. Spies. 2018. Wildfires managed for restoration enhance ecological resilience. Ecosphere 9: e02161. doi: 10.1002/ecs2.2161
- Ager, A. A., A. Barros, H. K. Preisler, M. A. Day, T. Spies, J. Bailey, and J. Bolte. 2017. Effects of accelerated wildfire on future fire regimes and implications for US federal fire policy. Ecology and Society 22: 12. doi: 10.5751/ES-09680-220412 https://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol22/iss4/art12/.
- Ager, A. A., C. Evers, M. A. Day, H. K. Preisler, A. M. G. Barros, and M. Nielsen-Pincus. 2017. Network analysis of wildfire transmission and implications for risk governance. PLoS ONE 12: e0172867. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0172867 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0172867.
- Kerns, B. K. and M. A. Day. 2017. The importance of disturbance by fire and other abiotic and biotic factors in driving cheatgrass invasion varies based on invasion stage. Biological Invasions 19:1853-1862.
- Kerns, B. K., J. B. Kim, J. D. Kline, and M. A. Day. 2016. US exposure to multiple landscape stressors and climate change. Regional Environmental Change 16:2129–2140.
- Kerns, B. and M. Day. 2014. Fuel reduction, seeding, and vegetation in a juniper woodland. Rangeland Ecology & Management 67:667-679.