Davis, Emily Jane
Davis, Emily Jane
Associate Professor and Interim Fire Program Director
Forest Ecosystems & Society
Outreach and Engagement
B.A., McGill University
M.A., University of British Columbia
Ph.D., University of British Columbia
- Integrated Social and Ecological Systems
- Fire Ecology
- Rural Development
- Social Science
Natural resource social science, environmental governance, collaboration, community organization and development, wildfire response, science delivery, and social learning. Current research includes: Co-Managing Risk or Parallel Play? Examining Connectivity Across Wildfire Risk Mitigation and Fire Response in the Intermountain West (funded by the Joint Fire Science Program), Capacity Assessment for the Regional Forest and Fire Capacity Program in California (funded by the Watershed Research and Training Center), and All Lands Peer Learning and Assistance (funded by the Rural Voices for Conservation Coalition).
Extension Specialist – Collaborative Conservation
- Wollstein, K, & Davis, E.J. 2019. New Modes of Environmental Governance in Greater Sage- Grouse Conservation in Oregon. Published online in Society and Natural Resources, September 2019.
- Davis, E.J., Abrams, J., & Wollstein, K. Fire on the Range: Rangeland Fire Protection Associations as Disaster Response Organizations. Published online in Disasters, March 2019.
- White, E.M., Lindberg, K., Davis, E.J., & Spies, T.A., 2019. Use of Science and Modeling by Practitioners in Landscape-Scale Management Decisions. Journal of Forestry 117(3): 267-279.
- Davis, E.J., Cerveny, L.K., Ulrich, D.R., & Nuss, M.L. 2018. Making and Breaking Trust in Forest Collaborative Groups. Humboldt Journal of Social Relations Special Issue: The American West After the Timber Wars 1 (40): 211-231.
- Abrams, J., Wollstein, K., & Davis, E. J. 2018. State Lines, Fire Lines, and Lines of Authority: Rangeland Fire Management and Bottom-Up Cooperative Federalism. Land Use Policy 75, 252-259.
- Please contact me for a list of my policy and practitioner-oriented publications.
Interim Fire Program Director