Assistant Professor of Practice, Starker Chair, and Extension Specialist
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
216 Richardson Hall
2006, Doctor of Philosophy in Forestry, University of Georgia Emphasis on Finance and Taxation
1999, Master of Science in Forestry, Mississippi State University Emphasis on Forest Economics and Taxation
1999, Master of Taxation, Mississippi State University
1996, Bachelor of Science in Forest Resources and Conservation, University of Florida Emphasis on Forest Resources
- Forest Policy Analysis and Economics
- Forest Economics
- Forest Policy, Private
Forest Taxation and Finance, Succession Planning, Private Forest Land Management
Endowed Starker Chair Student Organizations: Oregon State University, Logging Sports Team, Co-Lead
Graduate Major Advisor
- FOR 331Forest Economics II
- FOR 407/507Starker Lecture Series Seminar
- Cushing, Tamara L. 2016. Tax Planning -- The Reforestation Incentive. WomenOwningWoodlands.net Published 1/4/16.
- Cushing, Tamara L. 2015. What is Certification and What Does It Mean to Me? WomenOwningWoodlands.net. Published 10/29/15.
- Tew, Robert D., Thomas J. Straka, and Tamara L. Cushing. 2015. Forest Resource Management Planning: Who Prepares Forest Management Plans and How Do They Differ by Ownership Type? Clemson Forestry and Natural Resources Extension FNR 109.
- Cushing, Tamara. 2015. Reporting Income From Timber Sales. Central Oregon Agriculture e-News. February 30, 2015.
- Cushing, Tamara. 2015. State Death Tax Changes May Hurt Family Landowners. Budget and Tax News 13(2): 9.
- Cushing, Tamara. 2015. State Death Tax Changes May Hurt Family Landowners. Heartlander e-Magazine. January 5, 2015.
- Cushing, Tamara L. 2014. Tax Tips for Woodland Owners. Woodland 4(2):30-32.
- Cushing, Tamara L. 2014. The State Death Tax. Forest Landowner 73(6):14-19.
- Cushing, Tamara L. 2014. Cooperative Extension Service Turns 100. Forest Landowner, 73(2): 36-41.
- Cushing, Tamara L. 2014. Determination of Timber and Land Tax Basis for Your Forest Land. Clemson Forestry and Natural Resources Extension FNR 107.
- Hamilton, G.A., T.J. Straka, T.L. Cushing, and L.R. Gering. 2014. American Tree Farm System certification standards: Curriculum for a capstone course in forest resource management plans. In: Proceedings of First Symposium of the International Society of Forest Resource Economics (IUFRO Group 9.04.00 Forest Resource Economics), March 17-18, 2014; St. Louis, MO.