Assistant Professor in Forest Policy
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
232 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
A.A., Native American Studies, Salish Kootenai College, 1994
B.S., Forest Management, OSU, 1998
M.S., Resource Economics, OSU, 2004
Ph.D., Applied Economics, OSU, 2014
- Forest Policy Analysis and Economics
- Forest Economics
- Forest Policy, Private
- Forest Policy, Public
- Rural Development
Graduate Major Advisor
- FOR 460Forest Policy
- FOR 562/462Natural Resource Policy & Law
- Crandall, M.S., K.L. Costanza, J.M. Zukswert, L.S. Kenefic, and J.E. Leahy. 2020. An adaptive and evidence-based approach to building and sustaining gender diversity within a university forestry education program: A case study of SWIFT. Journal of Forestry 118(2): 193-204. DOI: 10.1093/jofore/jfz072.
- *Bernsen, N.R., M.S. Crandall, and J.E. Leahy. 2020. An assessment of workforce supply and readiness in the Maine forest products industry. Forest Products Journal 70(1): 22-27.
- Casson, N.J., A.R. Contosta, E.A. Burakowski, J.L. Campbell, M.S. Crandall, I.F. Creed, M.C. Eimers, S. Garlick, D.A. Lutz, M.Q. Morison, A.T. Morzillo, and S.J. Nelson. 2019. Winter weather whiplash: impacts of meteorological events misaligned with natural and human systems in seasonally snow-covered regions. Earth’s Future 7, 1434-1450. DOI:10.1029/2019EF001224
- Adams, D., G.S. Latta, M.S. Crandall, and I.G. Guerrero. 2019. The Importance of Incorporating Intertemporal and Spatial Log Market Dynamics in Projections of Residue-based Biomass Supply for Liquid Biofuel Production in Western Oregon and Washington, USA. Forest Economics and Policy 106:101957, DOI:10.1016/j.forpol.2019.101957.
- Munroe, D.K., M.S. Crandall, C. Colocousis, K.P. Bell, and A.T. Morzillo. 2019. Reciprocal relationships between forest management and regional landscape structures: applying concepts from land system science to private forest management. Journal of Land Use Science. DOI: 10.1080/1747423X.2019.1607914.
- Costanza, K.K.L., M.S. Crandall, R.W. Rice, W.H. Livingston, I.A. Munck, and K. Lombard. 2019. Economic implications of a native tree disease, Caliciopsis canker, on northeastern USA's white pine (Pinus strobus) lumber industry. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 49(5): 521-530.
- Reimer, J.J. and M.S. Crandall. 2018. Awaiting Takeoff: New Aviation Fuels from Farms and Forests. Choices: the Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues 33(1, 1st Quarter 2018): 1-6.