Senior Instructor and Director
Forest Ecosystems & Society
208 Richardson Hall
B.S., 1979, Plant Science, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
M.S., 1985, Tropical Forestry, University of Dresden, Germany
Ph.D., 1993, Forest Resources, Oregon State University
- Science of Conservation, Restoration and Sustainable Management
- Integrated Social and Ecological Systems
- International Forestry
- Natural Resources
- Restoration Ecology
Agroforestry, restoration ecology, sustainable natural resource management and international forestry
Badege Bishaw is currently president of the Association for Temperate in Agroforestry (AFTA) in North America. He is also the Director of the Sustainable Natural Resource Graduate Certificate and Forests and Climate Change Graduate Certificate
Graduate Major Advisor
- FE/FOR 456International Forestry
- FS/NR/RNG 477/577Agroforestry
- FS 432/532XPlanning Agroforestry Projects
- SNR 532Planning Agroforestry Projects
- SNR 511Sustainable Natural Resources Management
- SNR 506Independent Projects in Natural Resources Sustainability
- MNR 511Introductions to Sustainable Natural Resources
- MNR 560Master of Natural Resources Case Study
- Hadgu KM , Bishaw B , Liyama M , Birhane E , Negussie A , Davis CM , Bernart B. 2019. Climate-smart Agriculture: Enhancing Resilient Agricultural Systems, Landscapes and Livelihoods in Ethiopia and Beyond. 251 p.
- Bishaw, B., Paul Doescher, Susan Morre, Steve Radosevich, and Troy Hall. (in preparation) Interdisciplinary Master of Natural Resources Degree at Oregon State University –Journal of Forestry
- Sonia R Bruck, Badege Bishaw, Tamara L Cushing, Frederick W Cubbage, 2019. Modeling the Financial Potential of Silvopasture Agroforestry in Eastern North Carolina and Northeastern Oregon. 7 Journal of Forestry, Volume 117, Issue 1, 10 January 2019, Pages 13– 20. https://doi.org/10.1093/jofore/fvy065
- Bishaw, Badege. 2018. Potential of Agroforestry in the Pacific Northwest: opportunities and Challenges. Kabaluk, Todd and Lisa Frey (eds), Proceedings of the 60th Annual Horticulture Growers’ Short Course, January 25-27, 2018, Lower Mainland Horticultural Improvement Association, British Columbia, Canada pp 91-95
- Bishaw, B. and MacFarland, K. 2017. Appendix 1 Regional Summary: Northwest. In: T. Patel-Weynand et al. (eds), Agroforestry: Enhancing Resiliency in U.S. Agricultural Landscapes Under Changing Conditions. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-96 U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service.
- Bishaw, B, Neufeldt, H, Mowo J, Abdelkadir A, Muriuki J, Dale J, Kassa HM, Assefa T, and Guillozet K. 2013. Farmers Adaptation and Mitigation to Climate Change through Agroforestry in Ethiopia and Kenya. Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon. USA 96 pp.
- Bishaw, B. 2013. Agroforestry an Integrated Land-Use System to Meet Agricultural Production and Environmental Protection in the United States. 1–11. Xitou Nature Education Area, National Taiwain University, Taiwan, 2013.
- Eastman D, Catacutan DC, Do TH, Guarnaschelli S, Dam VB, and Bishaw B. 2013. Stakeholder preferences over rewards for ecosystem services: implications for REDD+ benefit distribution system in Viet Nam. Working Paper 171. Bogor, Indonesia: world 8 Agroforestry Center (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Program. 17 pp. DOI: 10.5716/WP13057.PDF.
- Bishaw, B. and Sharrow, S. 2011. Agroforestry Education at Oregon State University. In Ashton, S.F., S.W. Workman, W.G. Hubbard and D.J. Moorhead, eds. Agroforestry: A Profitable Land Use. In Proceedings, 12th North American Agroforestry conference. Athens, GA June 4-9.