Forest Ecosystems & Society
B.S., 1979, Plant Science, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
M.S., 1985, Tropical Forestry, University of Dresden, Germany
Ph.D., 1993, Forest Resources, Oregon State University
- Science of Conservation, Restoration and Sustainable Management
- Bishaw, B., Soolanayakanahally, R., Karki, U. et al. Agroforestry for sustainable production and resilient landscapes. Agroforest Syst 96, 447–451 (2022).
- Bishaw, B. 2021. Conceptual and Practical Approaches to Integrated Watershed Management and Agroforestry to Address Food Security and Environmental Degradation in Lake Tana and the Blue Nile River Basin, Ethiopia. A. M. Melesse et al. (eds.), Nile and Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam, Springer Geography,
- Kiros Meles Hadgu, Badege Bishaw, Miyuki Iiyama, Emiru Birhane, and Aklilu Negussie, 2019. Strategies for accelerating Scaling-ups of Agroforestry: A climate smart agriculture option for addressing Multi-faceted Challenges in Smallholder Farming Systems. Ed. Kiros Hadgu, Badege Bishaw, Miyuki Iiyama, Emiru Birhane, Aklilu Negussie, Caryn M. Davis, and Bryan Bernart. Climate Smart Agriculture: Enhancing Resilient Agricultural Systems, Landscapes, and Livelihoods in Ethiopia and Beyond. World Agroforestry (ICRAF) Nairobi, Kenya.
- Sonia R Bruck, Badege Bishaw, Tamara L Cushing, Frederick W Cubbage, 2019. Modeling the Financial Potential of Silvopasture Agroforestry in Eastern North Carolina and Northeastern Oregon. Journal of Forestry, Volume 117, Issue 1, 10 January 2019, Pages 13– 20.
- Temu AB, Okali, D, Bishaw B, 2006. Forestry Education, training and professional development in Africa, International Forestry Review Vol. 8 (1), 118-125.
- Bishaw, B., DeBell, S. D., and Harrington, C.A 2003. Patterns of Survival, Damage, and Growth for Western White Pine in a 16-Year-old Spacing Trail in Western Washington. Western Journal of Applied Forestry 18 (1): 35-43.
- Bishaw, B., 2001. Deforestation and Land Degradation in the Ethiopian highlands: Strategy for Physical Recovery, Journal of Northeast African Studies, Vol. 8 (1):7-26