Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
Outreach and Engagement
332 Peavy Forest Science Center (PFSC)
Ph.D. Sustainable Forest Management, Oregon State University, 2016 Minor in Statistics
M.S Forest Engineering, Oregon State University, 2008
B.S Forestry, Universidad Austral de Chile, 2006
Forest Engineer, Universidad Austral de Chile, 2006
- Engineering for Sustainable Forestry
- Forest Operations Planning and Management
- Forest Road Design
Timber harvesting systems; Forest worker safety; New technologies for forest operations; Forest roads and water quality
Extension Specialist – Timber Harvesting
Graduate Major Advisor
- Belart F. and S. Bowers. 2021. EM 9129: Small-scale Harvesting for Woodland Owners. Oregon State University Extension. 14p.
- White, R., L. Schimleck, F. Antony, F. Belart and R. Daniels. 2021. Monitoring seasonal transpiration drying of loblolly and slash pine with time-domain reflectometery. European Journal of Wood and Wood Products 79 (1297-1304)
- Grand, L., A. Christiansen, F. Belart, T. Cushing, C. Schnepf and K. Ketcheson. 2020. Selling Logs from your Property: A Curriculum package for facilitators and educators in the Western United States. PNW739. 98p.
- Belart, F., B. Leshchinsky and J. Wimer. 2020. Deadman anchoring design for cable logging: a new approach. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 50(3): 342-357.
- Belart, F., B. Leshchinsky, J. Sessions, W. Chung, P. Green, J. Wimer and B. Morrissette. 2019. Sliding Stability of Cable-Assisted Tracked Equipment on Steep Slopes. Forest Science 65(3):304-311.
Extension Specialist, Timber Harvesting