Associate Professor of Renewable Materials
Wood Science & Engineering
234 Richardson Hall
PhD, 2010 - Wood Science and Civil Engineering (dual major), Oregon State University
MS, 2007 - Wood Science and Civil Engineering (dual major), Oregon State University
BE, 2003 - Civil Engineering, Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi, India
- Timber Mechanics and Structural Engineering
- Resource Extension and Optimization
- Building Connections
- Building Lifecycle Analysis
- Green Building Materials
- Renewable Materials Product Development
- Structural Engineering
- Wood-based Composites
My research interest and focus lies in achieving sustainability in society, especially in the built environment by using intelligent and integrated design process, and developing renewable material based green products. My specific interests are - Green building materials; Sustainable built environment; Product development for efficient use of renewable materials; Life cycle analysis.
Graduate Major Advisor
- WSE 385 (Ecampus)EVALUATING SUSTAINABILITY THROUGH LIFE CYCLE ANALYSISWith increased focus on sustainability, it has become important to quantify a sustainability metric of a material, process, or a system. To that end an understanding of life cycle analysis (LCA) is needed that can be used to determine a sustainability metric. This Ecampus course presents the use of LCA to gain insights on the environmental and social impacts of the choices we make.
- WSE 592ADVANCED WOOD DESIGNStudy of advanced concepts in wood properties and design. Design and analysis of specialty wood connectors. Design of wood members for adverse conditions including fire design. Common failure mechanisms and forensic engineering concepts. Design for durability.