Senior Faculty Research Assistant 1
Forest Engineering, Resources & Management
201L Richardson Hall
MS, 2002, Oceanography, Oregon State University
BS, 1997, Chemistry, University of Poitiers (France)
Research Positions: February 2017 – present Senior Faculty Research Assistant I: Lab manager OSU, College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences (CEOAS) January 2014-present Senior Faculty Research Assistant: Lab manager OSU, Forest Engineering, Resources & Management (3 labs) Dr. J. Hatten December 2005-June 2016 Senior Faculty Research Assistant: Lab manager OSU, College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences (1 lab, up 12 people) Dr. M. A. Goni September 2003- November 2005 Faculty Research Assistant OSU, College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences Dr. C. E. Reimers Jaunary- August 2003 Temporary Faculty Research Assistant OSU, College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences Dr. R. Letelier and Dr. C.E. Reimers Septemebr 1998- August 2002 Research Assistant OSU, College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences Dr. F. G. Prahl
- EA : CosTech ECS 4010, Thermoquest NC-2500, Carlo Erba NA-1500, Thermo FlashEA 1112
- GC : HP-5890
- GC-MS : HP6890 - HP5973
- EA-IRMS : Carlo Erba NA 1500 + ThermoQuest Delta plus XP
- DOC/DON : Shimadzu TOC-5000A
- Fluorometry : Tuner Designs lO-AU
- Spectrophotometry : Cary300 uv/vis
- Surface Area : Micromeritics Gemini-V, Coulter SA-3100
- Lignin : CEM MDS-2000, CEM MARS-6 microwaves, extractions, standards, etc
- Amperometry (H2S, pH, O2)
- Microelectrode construction / calibration
- Languages: Native Speaker in French, Spanish, and Catalan. Fluent in English.
- Harris, D., Ummadi, G., Colwell, F., Verba, C., Thurber, A., Alleau, Y., Koley, D., Peszynska, M., and M. Torres. "Real time chemical mapping of S pasteurii biofilm calcification process using scanning electrochemical microscopy (SECM). Royal Society of Chemistry (2016).
- D. Harris, J.G. Ummadi, A.R. Thurber, Y. Alleau, C. Verba, F. Colwell, M.E. Torres, D. Koley. (2016) Real-time monitoring of calcification process by Sporosarcina pasteurii biofilm. The Analyst.
- C. Verba, A.R. Thurber, Y. Alleau, D. Koley, F. Colwell, M.E. Torres. (2016) Mineral changes in cement-sandstone matrices induced by biocementation. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 49. 312-322.
- Goñi, M.A., Moore, E., Kurtz A, Portier, E., Alleau, Y, Merrell, D. Organic matter compositions and loadings in soils and sediments along the Fly River, Papua New Guinea. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 140, 275-296.
- Reimers, C.E., Alleau, Y., Bauer, J.E., Delaney, J., Girguis, P.R., Schrader, P.S., and Stecher, H.A., III. (2013) Redox effects on the microbial degradation of refractory organic matter in marine sediments. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 121, 582-598.
- Goñi M. A., Alleau, Y., Corbett, R., Walsh, J. P., Mallinson, D., Allison, M. A., Gordon, E., Petsch, S., Dellapenna, T. (2007) The effects of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita on the seabed of the Louisiana shelf. The Sedimentary Record 5, 4-9.
- Reimers, C.E., Stecher, H.A., III, Westall, J.C., Alleau, Y., Howell, K.A., Soule, L., White, H.K., and Girguis, P.R. (2007) Substrate degradation kinetics, microbial diversity, and current efficiency of microbial fuel cells supplied with marine plankton. Appl. Env. Microbiology 73, 7029-7040.
- Y. Alleau Characterization of organic matter quality and content in Columbia River suspended particulate matter by cupric oxide oxidation. Master's thesis (2002).
- Y. Alleau, D. Colbert, P. Covert, B. Haley, X. Qiu, R. Collier, K. Falkner, B. Hales, F. Prahl and L. Gordon, (2001). Th234 applied to particle removal rates from the surface ocean: a mathematical treatment revisited. Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 28, No. 14, p. 2855-2857.